Please upgrade your browser.
Your browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites.
- For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or the newest version of IE.
Pacific Lutheran University 2020 Advanced Summer Institute
08/10/2020 09:00 AM - 08/12/2020 04:00 PM PT
During this three day deep dive:
- Self regulation, plasticity, metacognition and working memory will be the areas of focus
- Participants will be introduced to a brain-centric pedagogical model that is central to critical understanding of areas of attention, comprehension, mindset and engagement
- Educators will develop an action plan on how to scale neuroscience in their schools and communities
- Teachers will focus on how to grow the structures in the brain (PFC) that allow students to increase their executive function
You will learn how to:
- Apply a pedagogical model for brain-centric engagement
- Teach with plasticity in mind
- View teaching as the practice of growing and strengthening learning pathways
- Eliminate labeling and stratification by using inclusive teaching practice
- Give assessments for the 21st century